Environmental assessment and recovery plans
- Forest Management Plan for the Black Forest Regional Park: El Paso County Community Services Department
- Black Forest Fire Burn Assessment: Black Forest Regional Park, Pineries Open Space, Black Forest Section 16: El Paso County Community Services Department
Fire history and after-action reports
- After-Action Report/Improvement Plan: El Paso County Sheriff’s Office
- After-Action Report: El Paso County Black Forest Fire Administration Support
- The InciWeb Incident Information System collects and manages information about large wildfires and other major emergencies. This page is no longer being updated, but it contains maps, photos, and other information gathered by the Federal Type 1 incident management team that managed the firefighting operation. Click here for the page for the Black Forest Fire
Locally-Produced DVD Documents Fire History is Available for Purchase
The Black Forest History Committee, led by Terry Stokka and Jeff Spector, has produced an outstanding 50-minute video documentary: “The Day the Forest Burned.”
This DVD includes 250 photos and six video clips, arranged with narration.The DVD is accompanied by a 28-page companion booklet, as well as three maps that display the extent of the fire’s damage.
The DVD and three maps sell for $15. The accompanying 28-page booklet is an extra $3. All proceeds will go to the Black Forest Community Club, to be directed to relief agencies that serve fire survivors.
To order any of these materials, please call Terry Stokka at 495-0895 or email him at email@example.com. Checks should be made payable to the Black Forest Community Club, a nonprofit organization.